Friday, February 24, 2012

Rural Living Books

A few days ago, I finished reading Jenna Woginrich's book Barnheart: The Incurable Longing for a Farm of One 's Own. I quite enjoyed it. It tells of her progress from a beginning homesteader on rented property to her final success of buying her own farm.

I love rural living books, as I call them. Even though I've finally got land and sheep of my own, I still thoroughly enjoy reading about other people's journeys along similar paths and their continuing adventures, large and small, in rural living. I've got a large collection of American and British memoirs, as well as lots of "forgotten crafts" and "country cooking" books. (I love cookbooks, too.)

I'm about to start Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life, Woginrich's first book. Both are put out by Storey Publishing ; I seem to like just about everything they publish.

No comments: