Monday, February 20, 2012

Are You My Mother?

While I was feeding the sheep this afternoon, I picked up Boudica's lamb to check on him. As I set him down, Dierdre, my dog, approached. I told her to get away from the lamb, and she did.

The only trouble was the lamb decided to follow her. So Dierdre trotted off, the lamb followed, and Boudica, in a panic, hurried after. Dierdre sped up, so did the lamb, and, definitely, so did Boudica. The scene was hilarious until Dierdre entered the shearing pen, closely followed by the confused baby lamb. As Boudica came in, too, I was really worried about the dog and ewe getting into a fight in the enclosed space.

Luckily, Boudica decided to make sure her baby was alright, and while she was doing that, Dierdre slipped out of the pen behind her.


What do you think -- is it understandable that a two-day-old lamb would confuse Dierdre, a big, gray, furry animal,












with his mother, a big, gray, woolly animal?

No comments: