Thursday, November 5, 2015

Earthquake and Snow

Arizona doesn't experience earthquakes very often, but they do happen. On Sunday, one took place near Black Canyon City, which is about 35 miles as the crow flies from Wilhoit. A 3.2 magnitude quake occurred about 9:00 pm. The main quake, 4.1 magnitude, took place at 11:29 pm and was followed 20 minutes later by a 4.0 magnitude quake.

At about 11:30 Sunday night I was standing in my dining room. Suddenly the upper story of the house vibrated and boomed. The event was brief but startling. My dog, Logan, and I looked at each, confused. It was scary. I had no idea what caused it.

Logan and I cautiously went outside. Everything looked alright. Logan went to each side of the house, barked fiercely as if to say, "I don't know what happened, but it better not happen again," then came back inside.

I didn't know what caused the ruckus until I saw news reports online the next day.

That was Sunday. On Tuesday the temperature dropped, and it rained. Wednesday, the temperature went even lower, and it snowed. Not much snow stayed on the ground, but the huge snowflakes were lovely.



Today was sunny, fairly warm, and beautiful. It's been a strange few days.

No comments: