Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Optimistic Sheep

I really think sheep believe in the power of positive thinking.

If I look out a window before I go out to feed them, I see a sheep, usually a ram, standing, staring at the door. If I wait longer to feed them, there will often be two or three sheep, standing, staring at the door. The numbers increase the longer I postpone feeding time. It's as if they are willing me to come out and give them hay.

They aren't pushy or loud about it. They simply stand quietly and patiently gazing at the house, focusing their energies on getting me out the door.

Who knows? Maybe it works.

2 comments:

Moore Creatures said...

That's so cute. I love reading about your sheep. I am interested in sustainable agriculture too and hope you will post about your gardening etc. when it gets a bit warmer. Keep up the good work!

Diane said...

Thanks for the comment! I really appreciate feedback. I'll definitely include gardening posts as the weather warms.