Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marzipan

Heloise lambed yesterday, and we named her baby Marzipan! She is a white ewe, and she's big. Heloise excels at motherhood; she's attentive without being overly worried.

I went out several times yesterday to check on mother and lamb. While I was quietly watching to make sure Marzipan was nursing successfully, Hermes, her father, poked his head through the barn window. I'm sure he just wanted a pat on the head (he's our love sponge), but he made an extremely cute picture peeking in at Heloise and her little one. He's a huge ram, so I'm not surpised Marzipan is big.







3 comments:

sharon said...

Diane, the new little lamb, Marzipan looks very sweet. Great pictures! Sharon

Marianne said...

Marzipan, what a terrific name. How many more to go?

Diane said...

Hopefully only one more ewe is pregnant. I have two yearling ewes who should not have bred, but sheep can be tricky and persistent.